CNR 2012: Exhibition: LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robots of CTU (CZE)
2. Inverted pendulum (Segway) - is a self-balancing two-wheeled robot built with LEGO Mindstorms NXT and a Hitechnic gyro sensor.
3. Rubik's cube solver - solves a standard Rubik's cube (scanning the cube: 45 seconds, calculating a solution: 20 - 40 seconds, executing the moves: 1 - 5 minutes, average total time: 6 minutes).
4. Balancing with the ball (Robots from the final contest 2011) - the goal of the task is to make and program the robot with a platform to independently, without any further assistance (e.g. control using voice, Bluetooth or other communication channels) transport the ball placed on the platform as quickly as possible there and back on a non-straight path. The ball must neither fall down from the platform nor touch any other part of the robot.
. Robot "helicopter" uses the principle of stabilization using
centrifugal force (pure physics).
. Robot "runabout" uses the same principle as SEGWAY (inverted pendulum), measured using gyroscopic sensor tilt platform during transit and compensates him turning platform.
5. Mobil bridge (task for the final contest 2012) - the goal of the task is to make and program the robot to independently, without any further assistance (e.g. control using voice, Bluetooth or other communication channels) found a "river bed" (hole-trench across the width of the track) over which puts mobile bridge crosses after him, on the other hand, a mobile bridge to pick up in the shortest time with him reached the goal.
6. NXT Ballbot (Self-Balancing Robot On A Ball) - NXT Ballbot is a LEGO Mindstorms NXT version of Ballbot that is developed by Ralph Hollis at Carnegie Mellon University. A ballbot is a dynamically-stable mobile robot designed to balance on a single spherical wheel (i.e., a ball). Through its single contact point with the ground, a ballbot is omnidirectional and thus exceptionally agile, maneuverable and organic in motion compared to other ground vehicles. Its dynamic stability enables improved navigability in narrow, crowded and dynamic environments. The ballbot works on the same principle as that of an inverted pendulum.
[image source: Czech Technical University]
[source: Vive Les Robots!]
The Czech Technical University will present a LEGO Mindstorms Segway robot at the Cafe Neu Romance festival.
The Danish Ambassador's Deputy Lars Kjellberg of The Danish Embassy in the Czech Republic will visit the exhibition and hold the opening speech before the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® ROBOTS DAY.
LEGO Mindstorms robots of Czech
6 different types of LEGO Mindstorms robots, which is created by Czech Technical University will be exhibited on the 27.-28. of November during the Cafe Neu Romance festival (27.-29. of November 2012) at the Galerie NTK.